15K: March 7, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Important information to know:
- Please arrive early! Over 20,000 people will be trying to park on race morning. Traffic will be heavy.
- Every participant will receive a men’s or women’s technical, moisture wicking shirt.
- Medals will be given to all finishers in the 15K.
- The elite women start at 7:54 AM.
- The first seeded wave of the 15K starts at 8:00 AM, Waves Two, Three and Four will start after a short delay between each wave.
- The starting line is on Gator Bowl Boulevard between the Stadium and Metropolitan Park.
- Portable restrooms and a bag check are located in lots J and D.
- All runners and walker should be in position by 7:30 AM.
- Walkers should start at the back of Wave 4 on Gator Bowl Blvd.
- Make sure to wear your race number on the front of your clothing. This is the only way to be identified for online pictures.
All miles will be marked and digital clocks will display the elapsed time at each mile mark. Water Stations and toilets will be located throughout the course, and entertainment will be provided each mile during the race.
Course Time Limit
All 15K participants need to be to the Hart Bridge, which is at mile 7.5, by 10:30 AM. This is an 20 minute/mile pace.
Traffic on the following roads will be affected by the Gate River Run on March 8th and 9th
THE PLAYERS Runner’s Expo Closures
- Gator Bowl Boulevard between Georgia and Duval Streets – Road will be closed from noon on Friday, March 8th until 1 PM on Saturday, March 9th. There will be a bypass around the starting structure on Friday through parking lot J for in bound town traffic and through parking lot K for from town bound traffic.
Race Day Course Closures
- Bay Street (Everbank Field to Main Street Bridge): 7:15 AM – 8:45 AM
- Main Street Bridge: 7:45 AM – 9:00 AM
- Riverplace Blvd – Prudential Drive: 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM
- San Marco Blvd (Prudential to Laverne): 8:00 AM -9:30 AM
- River Road and River Oaks Road: 8:15 AM – 9:45 AM
- Hendricks Ave (River Oaks to Alexandria): 8:20 AM – 10:00 AM
- Alexandria and Belote: 8:20 AM – 10:15 AM
- Atlantic Blvd. West Bound (Belote to Holmesdale): 8:20 AM – 10:30 AM
- Holmesdale, Nicholson, Olive and Gay: 8:20 AM – 10:45 AM
- Altantic Blvd. West Bound (Gay to Hart Bridge): 8:20 AM – 11:00 AM
- Hart Bridge Southeast Bound (Atlantic Blvd to Duval Street: 7:45 AM -11:30 AM
- Duval and Gator Bowl Blvd: 8:15 AM – 12:00 PM
15K Top 5000 Seeded Section
Multi-Color Zone (Top 5,000 runners who have submitted proof of qualification with registration):
This Zone is located at the front of the starting line on Duval Street. This wave, which will start at the sound of the cannon, will include the Top 5,000 seeded positions. Runners in Wave One will be seeded into six color zones based on submitted qualifying times. These zones will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis: Yellow Zone 1-300, Blue Zone 301-800, Red Zone 801-2000, Green Zone 2001-3500, Orange Zone 3501-4500, Black Zone 4501-5000. If you already have your qualifying time, register now, so you know you have a spot in one of these seeded zones!
How To Start in Wave 1
Follow these steps to receive a Top 5000 Seeded Number.
- You must run a qualifying time in a 1st Place Sports running event, or a USATF certified running event within the last year (January 1, 2019 through February 29, 2020). Qualifying times are listed in the chart below for each Wave One color section.
5K 6K 5 Mile 10K 15K 10 Mile Half Marathon Blue Under 19:00 Under 23:00 Under 35:00 Under 44:00 Under 1:08:00 Under 1:13:00 Under 1:38:00 Under 3:25:00 Red Under 24:00 Under 28:00 Under 40:00 Under 49:00 Under 1:15:00 Under 1:22:00 Under 1:47:00 Under 3:50:00 Green Under 27:00 Under 32:00 Under 44:00 Under 55:00 Under 1:24:00 Under 1:32:00 Under 2:02:00 Under 4:12:00 Orange Under 29:00 Under 34:00 Under 47:00 Under 58:00 Under 1:30:00 Under 1:38:00 Under 2:10:00 Under 4:25:00 Black Under 30:00 Under 36:00 Under 49:00 Under 1:02:00 Under 1:33:00 Under 1:42:00 Under 2:15:00 Under 4:40:00
- Once you have run your qualifying time, you can register for the 15K Seeded Section. You will be asked to submit your A) USATF Certified Event Name B) Event Date C) Event Distance and D) your finish time.
Seeding Section Registration Rules and Guidelines
- Once you have registered and submitted your qualification information, we will not accept any other qualifying time!
- You cannot submit your entry as non-seeded, run a qualifying race, and then try to switch your entry. Only those who register for the Seeded Section will receive Seeded Numbers.
- Any qualify times that can not be verified or are incorrect will automatically be removed from Wave One and placed in the appropriate Wave.
- There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules. It is your responsibility to read and understand the guidelines.
Don’t wait too long to send in your entry!
Seeded Sections fill up quickly! Do not wait too long to submit your registration, or the seeded section you were qualifying for might already be full! Once a seeded section is full, any additional qualifying runners will be seeded in the next available zone behind the requested zone.
Elite Runners (Race numbers 1 – 150)
The top 150 seeded numbers are for Elite athletes (Men under 50:00 and women under 56:00 for the 15K) For more information on qualification and registration for these numbers, email Â email@example.com
Sub-Elite Runners (Race numbers 151-299)
Qualifying standards (must run under listed time):
15K Waves Two, Three and Four
All four waves will be using the same restrooms, bag check tents and start water stations.
Portable toilets will be located in the parking lots around the start and finish and also inside the Jacksonville Fairgrounds
Bag Check will only be in one main tent, which will be located in Parking lot N next to the Jaguars Practice Field next to the Fairgrounds. You will drop off and pickup your bags at this tent.
Start water stations will be available on both sides of the starting line
Grey Zone (Numbers 5001-10,000: Must be able to run 10 minute pace per mile):
Wave #2 has room for 5,000 runners. Once this section fills, any entries received will be assigned to Wave #3 or #4 based on availability.
The Grey Zone (Wave #2) will be located directly behind the Top 5,000 seeded runners on Duval Street There will be a grey starting banner across the road. You can enter the starting line from either side of the road. Please line up in this section based on the pace you plan to run. Pace flags will be located on the side of the road.
Purple Zone (Numbers 10,001-14,000: Must be able to run 11, 12, or 13 minute pace per mile):
Wave #3 has room for 5,000 runners. Once this section fills, any entries received will be assigned to Wave #4.
The Purple Zone will be located directly behind the Grey Zone in parking lot. There will be a Purple starting banner across the road in this section. You can enter the starting line from either side of the road. Please line up in this section based on the pace you plan to run. Pace flags will be located on the side of the road.
Pink Zone (Numbers 14,001+: 14:00 minute pace/mile or walking):
The Pink Zone will be located directly behind the Purple Zone on Gator Bowl Blvd. There will be a Pink starting banner across the road in this section. You can enter the starting line from either side of the road. Please line up in this section based on the pace you plan to run. Pace flags will be located on the side of the road.
15K Disabled Athlete Divisions
- Push Rims (Wheelchairs) Paras
- Push Rims-Quads
All classes will start together ahead of the Elite Women. Athletes with a certified disability can ride in the Handcycle class on three wheeled recumbent cycles.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place all classes
- Top Masters (50+) all classes
- Top Female all classes
There will be a dedicated Disabled Competitors Parking Area near the starting line, and all disabled competitors will receive a parking pass. These will be available in the Race Packets, plus a general instructions sheet, also in the packet.
Please contact Donald Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (904) 246-9190, if you are interested in participating in this division.