15K: March 20, 2021 at 8:00 AM
Important information to know:
- (Please arrive early so you will have time to park and get to your starting location. Traffic will be heavy.
- Every participant will receive a men’s or women’s technical, moisture wicking shirt.
- Medals will be given to all finishers in the 15K.
- Make sure to wear your race number on the front of your clothing. This is the only way to be identified for online pictures.
- We will not be checking bags this year.
Two starting lines will be used for the 15K this year.
Starting Line A – Duval Street at the Corner of Randolph.
Starting Line B – On Randolph at the corner of Adams.
- The elite women start at 7:54 AM from Duval Street
- Wave starts will be as follows:
- Blue Wave and Red Wave will start at 8 AM
- Green Wave and Orange Wave will start at 8:05 AM
- Yellow Wave and Black Wave will start at 8:10 AM
- Purple Wave and Pink Wave will start at 8:15 AM
- All runners and walkers should be in position by 7:30 AM.
- Walkers should line up in the back of their wave
All miles will be marked and digital clocks will display the elapsed time at each mile mark. Water Stations and toilets will be located throughout the course, and entertainment will be provided each mile during the race.
Bikes and dogs are not allowed on the course under any circumstance. Biking next to a runner could lead to the runner being disqualified.
Course Time Limit
All 15K participants need to be to the Hart Bridge, which is at mile 7.5, by 10:30 AM. This is a 20 minute/mile pace.
Traffic on the following roads will be affected by the Gate River Run on March 19th and 20th
The Runner’s Expo Closures
- Duval Street between Randolph Blvd and Franklin Street – Road will be closed from noon on Friday, March 19th until 1 PM on Saturday, March 20th. Randolph from Adams to Duval will be closed from 1 PM until noon on Saturday, March 20th.
Race Day Course Closures
- Duval Street (Jacksonville Fairgrounds to Main Street Bridge): 7:15 AM – 8:45 AM
- Randolph from Adams to Bay . 7: 15 AM until 9 AM
- Main Street Bridge: 7:45 AM – 9:00 AM
- Riverplace Blvd – Prudential Drive: 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM
- San Marco Blvd (Prudential to Laverne): 8:00 AM -9:30 AM
- River Road and River Oaks Road: 8:15 AM – 9:45 AM
- Hendricks Ave (River Oaks to Alexandria): 8:20 AM – 10:00 AM
- Alexandria and Belote: 8:20 AM – 10:15 AM
- Atlantic Blvd. West Bound (Belote to Holmesdale): 8:20 AM – 10:30 AM
- Holmesdale, Nicholson, Olive and Gay: 8:20 AM – 10:45 AM
- Altantic Blvd. West Bound (Gay to Hart Bridge): 8:20 AM – 11:00 AM
- Hart Bridge Southeast Bound (Atlantic Blvd to Duval Street: 7:45 AM -11:30 AM
15K Waves Layout
15K Top 3000 Seeded Section
Seed Numbers: 1 – 3,000: Waves Blue, Red and Green.
Seeding Section Registration Rules and Guidelines
- You are able to submit qualifying times from races with dates from November 1st, 2019 to present.
- Once you have registered and submitted your qualification information, we will not accept any other qualifying time!
- You cannot submit your entry as non-seeded, run a qualifying race, and then try to switch your entry. Only those who register for the Seeded Section will receive Seeded Numbers.
- Any qualify times that can not be verified or are incorrect will automatically be removed from Wave One and placed in the appropriate Wave.
- There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules. It is your responsibility to read and understand the guidelines.
Don’t wait too long to send in your entry!
Seeded Sections fill up quickly! Do not wait too long to submit your registration, or the seeded section you were qualifying for might already be full! Once a seeded section is full, any additional qualifying runners will be seeded in the next available zone behind the requested zone.
Elite Wave (Top 200 spots in Blue Wave)
Qualifying standards (must run under listed time):
|5K||5 Mile||10K||15K||Half Marathon||Marathon|
Top 3000 Seeding
|Wave||5K||5 Mile||10K||15K||10 Mile||Half||Marathon|
|Blue||Under 22:00||Under 37:00||Under 46:00||Under 1:12:00||Under 1:18:00||Under 1:44:00||Under 3:40:00|
|Red||Under 24:00||Under 42:00||Under 50:00||Under 1:18:00||Under 1:25:00||Under 1:50:00||Under 4:00:00|
|Green||Under 28:00||Under 45:00||Under 56:00||Under 1:26:00||Under 1:34:00||Under 2:05:00||Under 4:20:00|
Orange Wave (1,600 starting positions)
Pace: 9 minute to 9:59 minute pace per mile
Yellow and Black Wave (1,100 starting positions in each)
Pace: 10 minute to 10:59 minute pace per mile
Purple Wave (1,600 starting positions)
Pace: 11:00 minute to 11:59 minute pace per mile
Pink Wave (1,300 starting positions)
Pace: 12:00 minute pace per mile and walkers
15K Disabled Athlete Divisions
- Push Rims (Wheelchairs) Paras
- Push Rims-Quads
All classes will start together ahead of the Elite Women. Athletes with a certified disability can ride in the Handcycle class on three wheeled recumbent cycles.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place all classes
- Top Masters (50+) all classes
- Top Female all classes
There will be a dedicated Disabled Competitors Parking Area near the starting line, and all disabled competitors will receive a parking pass. These will be available in the Race Packets, plus a general instructions sheet, also in the packet.
Please contact Donald Hall at email@example.com, or call (904) 246-9190, if you are interested in participating in this d