Elite Field Coordinator Contact:
Jim Van Cleave
Gate River Run / USATF 15K National Championship
Elite Athlete Host Hotel:
245 Water St, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Elite Athlete Check-In:
The elite check-in will be held in the Naples Room on the 1st floor:
Friday, March 19 10:00am – 6:00pm
15K Elite Race Start:
The starting line is located on E. Duval and Randolph Streets, between the Fairgrounds and Baseball Grounds.
- Elite Women 7:54am
- Elite Men 8:00am
Race Day Elite Shuttles:
- Elite athlete shuttles to the race venue will be provided from the Omni Saturday morning beginning at 6:00am.
- Return shuttles from the Fairgrounds back to the Omni will begin at 9:30am.
- Shuttles will run approximately every 20 minutes.
Awards / Prize Structure:
USATF Championship medals and USATF Running Circuit points will be awarded to the top 10 men’s and women’s finishers.
Overall USATF 15K National Championship Prize Money:
Top ten men and women as follows:
Equalizer Bonus (First Male or Female):
The elite women will start 6 minutes ahead of the elite men. The first person (male or female) to cross the finish line will receive a $5,000 bonus.
|15K Record Bonus||Men||Women||Bonus|
15K World Record:
- Men: Joshua Cheptegei of Uganda – 41:05 (2018)
- Women: Letesenbet Gidey of Ethiopia – 44:20 (2019)
American & Course Record:
- Men: Todd Williams – 42:22 (1995)
- Women: Shalane Flanagan – 47:00 (2014)
- Due to COVID-19 protocols there will not be an awards ceremony.
- All awards will be mailed along with any applicable prize money.
Due to COVID-19 protocols there will not be any post-race celebration or party.
Elite Athlete COVID-19 Protocols:
- COVID-19 Testing
- All elite competitors must complete and test negative on one COVID-19 test.
- The test must be done within seven (7) days of the competition.
- Athletes must present proof of negative test at the competition before such athletes will be allowed to compete.
- On-Site Survey
All elite competitors must complete an on-site survey (via self-reporting) to confirm the following:
- No signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 7 days
- No close sustained contact with anyone who is sick within 14 days of the event
- No travel within 14 days of the event to an international location with widespread ongoing COVID-19 transmission
- No travel within 14 days of the event on a cruise ship and river boat
- Temperature Screening
All elite competitors must take a temperature check before entering the starting line area on race morning.
- That temperature must be 100.4 degrees or under.
- If an athlete registers over 100.4 degrees, he or she will not be allowed into the starting line area and will not be allowed to compete.
- Face Coverings
- All entrants to race venue must wear a face covering / mask at all times, except for athletes warming up or competing.
- All Gate River Run staff members and volunteers, as well as any coaches, agents, media members, or athlete support personnel will be required to wear masks at all times during any and all Gate River Run events during race weekend.
For greater information and detail about race weekend, please see the attached documents:
- Elite Athlete COVID-19 Protocols
- COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
- Elite Athlete Information
- Omni Jacksonville Host Hotel Safety Protocols
USATF Technical Meeting:
- Due to COVID-19 protocols there will not be an in-person USATF Technical Meeting.
- In its replacement will be a zoom meeting scheduled by USATF.
- Friday, March 19 Time: 5:00p – 6:00p
- Log-in information will be provided to the elite athletes.
- View technical information.